The holidays are just around the corner, and they will be here before you know it. Storefronts have already started to get festive both off and online to create a buzz. As you start to think about your upcoming personal and work parties, you will want to take the time to get in the party planning mode and make all the arrangements for your holiday party.
Let’s face it, the holidays can be a stressful time, purchasing gifts, attending other functions, and getting the kids to their special holiday events. So why not get ahead of the game and reserve the perfect venue before it is booked up. Whether it’s an elegant sit-down dinner or simply a cocktail party, it doesn’t have to be stressful, McDowell Mountain Golf Club can help provide the perfect setting, menu, decorations, and entertainment. We want your party to be a huge success and we will work with you to make sure everything flows smoothly. Here are a few tips for hosting a blissful holiday gathering without breaking a sweat:
- Set the budget. Set a budget and stay within that budget. It’s very easy to go over budget if you’re not careful and then you end up sacrificing on the important details or having to shorten the guest list. It’s imperative that you prioritize the things that are important to you, focusing on the small details later.
- Create the Guest List. Ensure that you have consolidated a list of people that you want to invite to your event. This way you know the number of guests to anticipate. This will help you better determine the size of the venue and perhaps the setting. Check your list twice . . . to know who’s been naughty or nice. Your guests really make the party!
- Book your venue and select the theme. It’s important that you book your venue early to secure the perfect setting for your holiday festivities and avoid the stress of having to come up with something last minute. The theme of your party is also very important as it sets the tone for your special gathering. Once you have the venue and the theme determined, you can get to work on the invitations. With the hustle and bustle of this time of year, you will want to send these out well in advance so that your guests reserve the date. Then, you can focus on the details that will make your party one for the books.
- Creating that ideal atmosphere. The atmosphere of the party really sets the tone for your event. You want to give guests something to talk about and ensure that they enjoy their evening. The lighting, music, and décor are all key components. You can create ideal lighting in a variety of ways. Luminaries are a great way to light up the entryway to your venue and are very popular in Arizona. You may also want to use candles, table lamps and mirrors to create ambiance. Music can also create peaceful tranquility or high energy. Last, but not least, festive decorations such as flowers, tableware, bulbs, garland and elaborate wreaths. Gold and silver are a popular choice for both Christmas and New Years, while adding a little sparkle.
- Get creative with your guests. You need to ensure that there are plenty of activities to keep your guests entertained and that can help break the ice with guests that don’t know each other. Have a live band or DJ to encourage people to dance. Another fun option is a photo booth with some funny and festive props. Guests can take their group pictures home to remember the occasion. Or, you may want to hire a professional photographer to capture those special moments and post them for all to see. You could choose something a little more low-key like a wine tasting station, where everyone can sample various wines and learn about some different varietals. Make sure that guests have a memorable experience at your event!
Simply enjoy the moment and add that personal touch to top off the event. The holidays are busy and challenging for all of us. Your guests are thrilled that they’ve been invited and you’ve all had a splendid evening. To top the evening off, why not provide a special party favor before they head home.
Please call Kate at (480) 426-9076 to reserve or book a holiday event today!