McDowell Mountain Golf Club Remains OPEN for Play
McDowell Mountain Golf Club remains open for play while being committed to the safety of our guests and our staff.
Like many businesses in Arizona, all McDowell Mountain Golf Club patrons will be required to wear a MASK in all PUBLIC areas of the Golf Club. We ask that MASKS are to be worn in the Golf Shop, Clubhouse, & Mesquite Grille.
To view the latest Executive Order from Governor Doug Ducey, click here.
Along with this we will be continuing to limit the amount of play we have each day and limit 1 player per cart unless the guests are from the same household or have arrived in the same vehicle. Our other practices that have been in place will continue as follows:
While we remain open for play in these unprecedented times, the safety and well-being of our staff and our patrons continues to be our top priority. While our staff is working diligently to ensure the safest possible environment, we ask that you join us in helping to keep golf safe through the coming weeks and months.
What we are doing at McDowell Mountain to maintain a safe environment:
- All carts are cleaned/sanitized before and after each use.
- Sand bottles, water coolers, and rakes have been removed from the course and carts.
- High traffic areas and touch points are being cleaned/sanitized in our Golf Shop and Clubhouse areas multiple times per day.
- We will only accept Credit/Debit Cards for all payments (cash is no longer accepted at this time).
- Bag Drop – staff will not be unloading and loading bags from vehicles. We will have sanitized carts staged at the bag drop for guests to load their bags.
- We have also begun to limit our staff each day as we are diligent in maintaining the safety of our employees.
What we ask of our patrons to assist in providing a safe environment:
- Do not remove the flagstick when putting on the green
- Although we have removed all of our sand bottles from the course and golf carts you can still replace divots
- Use your foot or clubs to smooth out the areas in the bunker you have played from since we have removed all rakes for the time being
- All water coolers have been removed from the golf course. You can use our take out service in the restaurant to purchase bottled water
- Wash your hands often with soap and hot water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissue or sleeve when you sneeze or cough
- Practice social distancing
While we are taking measures to protect our employees and guests it is imperative that our patrons take additional measures as well. This will be a team effort in order to keep golf safe for everyone!
Here are some recommendations from a series of golf industry articles:
We are hopeful everyone will take this opportunity to enjoy the outdoors while being responsible for not only their own safety but for those around them.
Thank You from McDowell Mountain Golf Club